A qualified Attorney and Notary Public, Salmaan has gained invaluable experience working for Bowmans, one of Africa’s leading and largest corporate and commercial law firms.
Salmaan has experience in corporate finance, M&A transactions, corporate governance, drafting and working with preference share funding documents, memorandum of incorporation and shareholders agreements.
Salmaan was part of the team that advised Investec Asset Management, in 2015, on its investment in the IDM Group, South Africa’s leading and largest consumer debt management company, and wiGroup, South Africa’s only interoperable point-of-sale mobile transacting network.
Salmaan was also part of the team that advised World Triathlon Corporation (Ironman) on its acquisition of the Cape Epic. Salmaan is currently advising a multi-national corporation based in China wanting to establish a South African presence in the automotive industry on all their business and corporate related matters.
Salmaan has experience in advising clients on corporate employment related matters; from advising on executive employment contracts for multinationals to providing guidance on the removal of directors and the retrenchment of employees.
Salmaan is a passionate contributor to social justice having represented pro bono clients at the maintenance court and assisted students arrested during the #FeesMustFall campaign.
- Advised AE Industry in 2017 on a series of transactions in South Africa with a deal value of R250 million
- Advised Old Mutual Alternative Investments Proprietary Limited in its capacity as fund manager in relation to the provision of a post-commencement financing credit facility to a local borrower in business rescue.
- Advised ABSA Bank Limited with respect to the financing of the first special purpose acquisition company listed on the main board of the JSE.
- Advised Old Mutual Alternative Investments Proprietary Limited (in its capacity as Fund Manager of the Housing Impact Fund South Africa) in a number of property finance transactions in relation to the provision of credit facilities by the Housing Impact Fund South Africa to various borrowers.
- Advised Old Mutual Specialised Financial Proprietary Limited, Sanlam Capital Markets Proprietary Limited, Sanpref Proprietary Limited and Santam Limited in connection with a preference share funding transaction.
- Advised the founders of Agri-Vie Investment Fund on the formation of EXEO Capital, an Africa-focused private equity partnership with pan-African asset manager STANLIB that manages and administers over R579-billion (as at 31 December 2015) in assets for over 500 000 retail and institutional clients across Africa.
- Advised Investec Asset Management on its investment in the IDM Group, South Africa’s leading and largest consumer debt management company and wiGroup, South Africa’s only interoperable point-of-sale mobile transaction network.
- Advised a leading South African beauty and lifestyle retail chain on its ZAR16 billion restructure.