AREAS OF PRACTICE
Bachelor of Law
Post Graduate Diploma in Labour Law
Post Graduate Diploma in
Estate and Trust Administration
A qualified Attorney, Notary Public and Conveyancer since 2003 and currently holds the office of Deputy President of the Black Management Forum.
Tasneem is a social entrepreneur, transformation activist and advocate for woman empowerment committed to the national service of South Africa through active civic participation in various formations. The flexibility of private practice for her own account allows her the freedom to get involved in various black formations which advance the principles of a better South Africa for all. She is thus able to commit her legal services, expertise and time to being part of effecting a positive change to the economic landscape in South Africa. She is a hard worker who displays true grit and determination and is a lifelong learner.
She holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Labour. She lectures Labour Law for the Legal Education South Africa (LEAD) which falls under the Law Society of South Africa (LSSA) at the School for Legal Practice at the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University and for candidate attorneys as part of their practical training. She has extensive experience in labour matters and often chairs disciplinary hearings for clients and has extensive experience in both the CCMA and the Labour Court. She is registered as an Education, Training and Development Practitioner with the LSSA. She further sits on the Presidential Working Group: Labour, as a representative at NEDLAC for the Black Business Council (BBC) and has presented on behalf of the Black Management Forum (BMF) on the National Minimum Wage at Parliament and at the Labour Resource Centre in Cape Town.
She also lectures conveyancing to students at the School for Legal Practice at the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University and to candidate attorneys as part of their practical training.
Tasneem is contracted by the Estate Agents Affairs Board (EAAB) to chair disciplinary hearings and speaks annually at their roadshows on black economic empowerment,transformation and compliance within the property industry.
Tasneem was the first black female attorney appointed as part of a professional team to assist the taxi industry in negotiating on the integrated public transport system (IPTS) with the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality and the largely male dominated taxi industry. Her expertise lies in negotiating and closing deals to contracts.
She was recognised as a young business achiever of the Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber’s Top 40 under 40 in 2015 and was recognised by the Black Management Forum as a Woman in Business of the year 2015 for her contribution to socio-economic development and transformation.
- Admitted Attorney, Notary Public and Conveyancer
- Certificate in Practice Management
- Certificate in Banking (Institute of Bankers in South Africa)
- Certificate in Commercial Law
- Company Secretary: Black Management Forum (2012 – 2016)
- Deputy President: Black Conveyancers Association (2017)
- Certificate in Corporate Governance (Department of Trade & Industry)
- Top 40 under 40 business achiever for the Nelson Mandela Bay (2015)
- BMF Woman in Business Award: Social Entrepeneur (2015)
- Black Business Council Representative at NEDLAC
- BCA Representative at Communal Land Tenure working group (Dept. Rural Dev and Land Reform)
- Part time Chairing of Disciplinaries for Estate Agency Affairs Board and Speaker at annual roadshows on transformation
- Membership in BMF,BLA and SALLA